Sunday, January 11, 2009

Nunavut Blog Awards

I first started reading blogs almost exactly a year ago when I began to think about moving to the arctic to teach. I was surprised about how little information I was able to find on the internet about every day living and teaching in the arctic. Then I discovered the blogs and I was amazed - what a great way to open a window on some one's life (with their permission!). I started following Way Way Up - a teacher from Ontario who is living and working in Arctic Bay and North of Nain - a young woman from PEI who at that time was working in Iqaluit. I learned so much from these two bloggers and the many others I discovered through them. The Nunavut blogs were very much a part of my decision to move here and I still enjoy them. It was also because of my enjoyment of these blogs that I decided to start one of my own. So, the annual Nunavut Blog Awards (Nunies) are accepting nominations until midnight Monday, January 12. Clare at The House and other Arctic Musings is organizing things and you will find a great list of Nunavut blogs on his blog or at Way Way Up. I encourage everyone who is not already doing so to have a look at these great blogs. You can nominate in the category of Best Blog or Best New Blog by sending nominations to nunavutblogs@yahoo.ca
In other news, the bears are back in town. There were three spotted around town last weekend. A bit nerve-racking. School started back this week after Christmas vacation - always a crazy week with kids and teachers trying to back into the swing of things.

2 comments:

  1. I put in a nod for you for "Best New Blog" - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Sorry I didn't get to vote as I hadn't checked in for awhile. I would have voted for you in the category of new blog!
    Know what you mean by getting back into the swing of things.
    Happy writing!!

    ReplyDelete