So, the (very drugged) pets and the luggage have been checked in and my flight leaves in about an hour. We will spend the night in the Southway Inn in Ottawa. A great hotel that really caters to people passing through to the arctic. Very accomodating about pets, loads of luggage, coolers, etc.I will arrive in Clyde around 3 tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait for that first sight of Arctic poppies and cotton grass when the plane lands.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Where Everybody Knows My Name
I'm back after five weeks spent without internet access (occasional e-mail checks at friends). Quite nice, actually. An amazing summer has come to an end (for me, at least). I am writing this at the airport in Halifax, on my way back up to Clyde River. I'm excited to go back - can't wait to see everybody. What a great time I had this summer! London was fabulous, but even better to be among friends and family in Nova Scotia. I love island life. There is such a feeling of kinship with those you share the island with. One of the great pleasures was hanging out with some old friends on their whale watch boats in the Bay of Fundy. On one trip a humpback whale got very friendly, kept approaching us, even rocked the boat a little.


The view out across the cove from my house at sunset.
Green Head on Brier island (across the passage from my house)
Balancing Rock, on the St. Mary's Bay shore on my island. My property has the Bay of Fundy on one side and St. Mary's Bay on the other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beautiful pictures of the Humpback whale. What an amazing experience. Thanks for sharing the pictures
ReplyDeleteHi Deborah!
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to thank you for all your helpful comments during the Ryerson writing course. I really enjoy your blog and hope you have another great year in the arctic!
If you want to see any more photos of Iona
www.ionaisland.blogspot.com
Thanks again,
Fiona