Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Nunavut Blog Award Nomination

I'm very pleased to say that Arctic Dispatches has been nominated in the category of Best New Blog. Voting is taking place now at http://www.kiggivak.typepad.com The voting form for each category is in a separate post on that blog (The House and Other Arctic Musings).
Here in Clyde River it is a dark and stormy day. We are sort of expecting school to be cancelled this afternoon. Must be bad, we actually had indoor recess today - yeah!(I was supposed to be on recess duty). However, the good news is that according to the National Research Council, the sun should be rising on January 19 at 11:26 AM. The kids in my class don't believe that the NRC can predict this, so we are having a contest to see who can guess when the sun will come up. Next Friday, we will have a whole school celebration called Sun Day. I can't wait!!

2 comments:

  1. What's your email address there Deborah? I have a couple of questions I would like to ask you.

    All the best.
    Michael.
    ( lawrie@gmail.com )

    ReplyDelete